We’re all excited about CONNECT 2020, but we know that some of you may have a few lingering questions about the conference. So here are some Frequently Asked Questions (and their answers!) … Don’t see your question here? Just contact Mark H and he’ll be happy to help!
Does this conference take the whole weekend?
Yup, it does! And trust us, it will be WORTH IT. Your conference registration includes
- 12 hours of taiko workshops (4 workshops @3 hours each)
- Admission to our Taiko Open Mic Night
- Presentations and discussion sessions with our instructors and other special guests
- The opportunity to save on shipping costs for quality taiko equipment from ASANO TAIKO U.S.
- And LOTS of great opportunities to connect, including informal lunchtime roundtable discussions and optional night owl/early bird activities
Yeah, ok, but do you offer a single-day registration if I can only come on Saturday?
Sorry, but no. CONNECT 2020 is all about a shared experience and building community. We want to be sure that everyone who registers gets to experience all the great stuff we’ve got planned. We know everyone is busy, which is why we’ve streamlined and simplified the registration process. This way, you can take all that time you saved not having to choose workshops or book a hotel room and spend it drumming instead!
If you’re a local who can’t attend the conference but you’re interested in joining us for Taiko Open Mic night, we will have a limited number of tickets available – stay tuned!
I’m curious about my housing options. Tell me more…
We know that taiko conferences can get expensive, so we’ve booked a block of rooms in the UMD dorms. We’re not only offering you the chance to relive your youth, but the cost of your registration will cover your housing for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights – that’s THREE nights for about the same price as you’d pay for a single night at a local hotel. Plus, the dorms offer plenty of extra time for taiko camaraderie! If you’d rather stay in a hotel (or you’re bringing a taiko player who is under 18), we’ve also got some rooms waiting at a nearby Marriott – all the info you need to book is here.
I’m vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free/have other dietary restrictions. Can you feed me?
You bet! All of our meals will be served in UMD’s dining halls, and they’re used to handling of all kinds of dietary needs. If you have more specific concerns, don’t hesitate to contact Mark H.
Help! I’m lost!
Don’t panic! We got you covered. We have maps and addresses to help you navigate the wilds of UMD.
- Dorm info coming soon!
- The Diner (a.k.a. The Food): 4121 Farm Dr, College Park, MD 20742.
- The Clarice (a.k.a. The Drums): 8270 Alumni Dr, College Park, MD 20742
- Interior Map [pdf]
- UMD [pdf] (a.k.a The Campus): College Park, MD 20742