- This event has passed.
Taiko Drills: From Simple to Insane!
August 15, 2021 @ 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Are you ready to up your taiko game?? In this workshop, you’ll get to try a series of drills Mark H has been developing (and borrowing) over the past 20 years! Whether you’ve joined our classes recently or have been playing for years, this workshop will challenge you to develop your timing, technique, bachi control, ambidexterity, and so much more! (Oh, and did we mention these drills help you learn to play on multiple drums at the same time?)
This workshop is open to anyone who has taken at least one complete series of our Recreational Taiko Class or who has equivalent taiko experience (about 3 months). Not sure if this workshop is right for you? Contact Mark H and he can help!
Sign up for multiple workshops and save!
This workshop is one of FOUR happening this weekend! If you sign up for multiple workshops, you get a sweet discount!
AND we have special student pricing too!
If you’re a college or high school student, just add the workshops you want to your cart and then at checkout, enter the coupon code STUDENT to get 35% off of your registration! (In case you don’t want to do the math, that means you can take ALL FOUR workshops for LESS than $100!)
Please see our registration & cancellation policies.
Current Mark H Taiko Protocols
Here are the protocols we are following for the safety and comfort of our students and instructors:
- ALL participants will be REQUIRED to wear masks in the building, EVEN WHEN PLAYING.
- We will be limiting capacity to allow us to observe social distancing.
- Instructors are fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to sanitize their hands at the start of each workshop/class. Drums will be sanitized before and after each workshop.
- If you own bachi (drum sticks), please bring them. Sanitized bachi will also be available for use. Bachi should NOT be shared during the workshop!
- We will take regular breaks during which participants will be invited to step away from others in order to take a water break or a “breathing break.” Everyone will be responsible for bringing their own water.