August 14, 2021 @ 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
The song known as “Matsuri” throughout the North American taiko community is based on traditional Obon rhythms found all over Japan and played on an angled stand (naname-dai). Whether you are learning this piece for the first time or refreshing your Matsuri skills, come explore this classic (and fun!) set of rhythms!
Sign up for multiple workshops and save!
This workshop is one of FOUR happening this weekend! If you sign up for multiple workshops, you get a sweet discount!
AND we have special student pricing too!
If you’re a college or high school student, just add the workshops you want to your cart and then at checkout, enter the coupon code STUDENT to get 35% off of your registration! (In case you don’t want to do the math, that means you can take ALL FOUR workshops for LESS than $100!)
Please see our registration & cancellation policies.
Current Mark H Taiko Protocols
Here are the protocols we are following for the safety and comfort of our students and instructors:
- ALL participants will be REQUIRED to wear masks in the building, EVEN WHEN PLAYING.
- We will be limiting capacity to allow us to observe social distancing.
- Instructors are fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to sanitize their hands at the start of each workshop/class. Drums will be sanitized before and after each workshop.
- If you own bachi (drum sticks), please bring them. Sanitized bachi will also be available for use. Bachi should NOT be shared during the workshop!
- We will take regular breaks during which participants will be invited to step away from others in order to take a water break or a “breathing break.” Everyone will be responsible for bringing their own water.