June 19, 2021 @ 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Have fun, get a good workout,
and meet some awesome people …
all while hitting big drums with big sticks!
Sign up for Mark H Taiko’s Introductory Taiko Workshop!
Taiko is a dynamic art form based on traditional Japanese drumming practiced all over the world. This workshop is designed to introduce the basics of taiko technique, practice of kumidaiko (ensemble drumming), awareness of ki (energy), use of koe (voice), history and philosophy — all while having a good time!
No experience necessary, but come ready for a workout! This introductory taiko workshop is for ages 17 & up. Drums are provided.
Register and pay online with School of Musical Traditions!
Register Here or call (240) 690-1910
Register early — our workshops have been very popular and often fill up!
Yes, this is an INDOOR workshop!
Here are the protocols we are following for the safety and comfort of our students and instructors:
- ALL participants will be REQUIRED to wear masks in the building, EVEN WHEN PLAYING.
- We will be limiting capacity to allow us to observe social distancing.
- Instructors are fully vaccinated.
- Participants are asked to sanitize their hands at the start of each workshop/class. Drums will be sanitized before and after each workshop.
- If you own bachi (drum sticks), please bring them. Sanitized bachi will also be available for use. Bachi should NOT be shared during the workshop!
- We will take regular breaks during which participants will be invited to step away from others in order to take a water break or a “breathing break.” Everyone will be responsible for bringing their own water.
This workshop (or previous taiko experience) is a prerequisite for Mark’s Recreational Taiko Classes. Now that we’re able to get back into the studio, we’re looking forward to a Rec Class at the Dance Exchange this fall!